Step-by-step safety guide for customers
1. Posting a job
All jobs posted on the BeMyFreelancer platform will be publicly visible, it is important not to divulge any personal information on your job such as; full name, phone number, address or email address. If you share your personal information, we cannot provide support for bookings not completed through BeMyFreelancer.
You can have private conversations with Freelancers via our messaging feature on the booking form.
2. Reviewing your offers
It is recommended to communicate with Freelancers about the job before a Freelancer is assigned. You are encouraged to ask your potential Freelancer about their experience and qualification.
3. Choosing a freelancer
When choosing a Freelancer, we recommend going through their profile, read their reviews and qualifications to ensure they will be the best person for the job. Payment will be deducted from your credit card after the Freelancer is confirmed.
4. Before your booking starts
Before your booking starts you have the option to ask the Freelancer for their ID. If your booking requires a specific qualification this will be a good time to confirm any trade license ID.
5. When your booking is in progress
Only release the payment after your booking is completed and you are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with your booking try and resolve this with the Freelancer first, if you are not able to come to an agreement, you can always contact our customer support.
6. When your booking is completed
Once your booking is completed, it is time to pay the Freelancer for the wonderful job they have done! Log onto your BeMyFreelancer account and click “Release Payment” button. Funds will be released and paid to Freelancer’s nominated bank account.
7. After your booking is closed
After the payment is released and booking is complete, it is time to leave a review on your experience. It is important to leave genuine and constructive feedback so future Customers can select best Freelancers for their bookings.
Building Trust with your freelancer
You can build trust with your Freelancer by doing the following things:
• Look for verification, level of expertise and check Freelancer’s reviews
• Ask to see ID before the booking starts, you can also request this information through the private message
• Check ABN & GST registration on Freelancer’s profile against the ABN lookup
• Visually confirm who has turned up is who you hired with Freelancer’s profile
• Be aware of who is helping your Freelancer. Freelancers may bring other freelancers to assist with their bookings. We would recommend to confirm if your Freelancer is bringing someone to your booking, if so, ask for their BeMyFreelancer profile details.
At BeMyFreelancer we take everyone’s safety very seriously. If at any point you feel the following during your booking you are encouraged to contact our customer support team. If at anytime you feel any of the following you should select “report booking” on your booking form and let us know what happened so we can investigate.
• Unsafe, threatened or bullied: If at any point you feel threatened or bullied during a booking, contact our Customer Support team immediately.
• Negative experience from the booking: If you have had a negative experience from a booking, look to resolve the matter with the Freelancer. If you are not able to come to an agreement you can contact our Customer Support team.
• Freelancer is unreliable: If your Freelancer is not reliable you are encouraged to leave a review on Freelancer’s profile. You can also review our Reviews Policy.
• Suspicious activity: If a Freelancer’s behaviour is making you feel suspicious, we advise you to leave the booking. Let us know immediately and our Customer Support team will contact you.
• Theft: If you find something is missing after a booking is completed, let us know and we can investigate. You can also fill out a Police Report about the missing item/s.
If at any time you are concerned you should also report the matter to the police.
If it is an emergency, contact 000 or your local police.
Keep all communication through the BeMyFreelancer platform. Communication is key to a successful experience, writing a detailed description on your booking and using BeMyFreelancer’s private message to communicate will create a seamless process. Always ensure your notifications are up to date so you are notified immediately about any communication regarding your booking.
How to communicate effectively:
• Be specific in your description. Provide as much detail as this will help your Freelancer decide if they are the right person for the booking
• Set the right expectations such as; If you have deadlines, it is best to outline these at the beginning
• Never share your personal information such as; full name, phone number, address and email address on a public visible page
BeMyFreelancer is a cashless platform, if a Freelancer wants to cancel for a cash payment, this may indicate fraudulent activity. Payments made outside the platform or through cash are considered bookings which are not booked through BeMyFreelancer therefore we cannot provide you with a secure payment process, dispute resolutions and any support. This is why BeMyFreelancer strongly advises to keep the booking on our platform.
If at anytime you notice anything fraudulent about a booking you should select “report booking” and let us know the details so our team can investigate.
Was this page helpful?